Preparation for the Adoption Party

Tomorrow morning we will be attending an "Adoption Party". This is an event where children in GA available for adoption come to meet parents looking to adopt children and vice versa. Until this morning, I had just planned for us to attend without calling for information. Now I am extremely glad I decided to call the coordinator.

After speaking on the phone with her she emailed me all the information for tomorrow's event. A list of "Do's and Don'ts" was included. This list details out the kind of questions we are allowed to ask the children, what she shouldn't ask them, how we should speak with every child and case worker, and how we should not monopolize one child's time.

A list of all the children attending the party was also sent. It provides the first name, age, and a short general statement about each child. At tomorrow's event there will be approximately twenty children, ages ten to seventeen. Only two sibling groups will be there. However, it will be good for us to meet all of the children. We have talked about adopting a sibling group and a single child.

One of the biggest items we would have completely missed if I hadn't called was the "Family Flyer." This flyer has specific information they requested to be included on it so each case manager can learn more about us. It also provides them with where we are in the process and which adoption agency we are using. I'm not feeling too crazy about it but my sister, Grace, approves.

Check out the flyer below.

I will definitely make a post after the party to keep you up to date. I'm anxious yet super excited to attend this first of three adoption parties this year.

Comments

  1. I love the flyer. I hope that both you and all those children have some good luck finding a family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm praying for the same thing.

      Delete

Post a Comment